Work Package 2
Revision as of 20:17, 1 August 2014 by James
- Design a peephole optimization to integrate a superoptimizer into GCC and/or LLVM.
A peephole optimizer is no longer relevant - not enough potential for gains.
Optimizing simultaneous sequences.
- Peephole superoptimizer study could bruteforce multiple sequences simultenously, by hashing the test vectors
- Unclear to see how this can be done for SMT based methods
- Naively attempting to find multiple solutions at the same time will limit the 'branch pruning' of the solver – it will be unable to rule out large areas of the search space due to multiple divergant solutions
- Could be the thing that limits the effectiveness of the SMT method
- Possible solutions
- Attempt to find multiple solutions to 'similar' sequences. Based on the assumption that the solutions will be similar. How to define a similarity metric?
The above notes, and notes on the Meetings page are the output of WP2, to be formulated into the project report (WP4)